Sunday, July 13, 2008

Limitations are perceptions

I lost myself; I got caught up in the economics and lost my artistic integrity.
I found myself doing what I thought was necessary to acquire the finance rather then stay true to my passion and just do me, the me that initially broke through and received the accolades.
I had to take a few steps back in order to proceed forward and now its all clear. I now know the wall that blocked my progress was not as big as it appeared, stepping back from it I realize it too has limitations and I longer feel the need to have to break though it, stepping back from it I see there are ways around it and over it. I couldn’t see this before because I was to close to it.
I use my personal example as an artist, but it applies to all things. Removing our selves if only momentarily from a situation can offer an alternate perspective as we allow the dust to settle.
Take time for a moment of clarity free from the emotion of the situation at hand, breath deeply, release the anxiety and try to free yourself of any personal attachment so that you might visualize the situation or circumstance differently.
These are the first steps of many in a journey toward endless possibilities.

A. LaVelle

No comments: